Thursday, June 23, 2011

Floewtry

Traditional to abstract
quality to garbage
spans a fair range
now I seek to enlarge it
I've had times when the rhyme
simply drips off my fingers
seek to reproduce it
but the effect never lingers
It's a game that I play
although I don't know the rules
so if I ever scored a goal
I'd have to take it from the fools
I'd only seek to rule with a benevolent hand
I got a mad sinister streak though
So I'll put my efforts to the land
To disband the agitators
with word and deed
try to flew how I jaw
cause it's not a bad creed
plant a seed fence it off
tend it let it grow
and you can put your care out there
but you never know
the tribulations of this life can bring a storm out
a pest invasion or a dread drought
no matter what you plant
or how big a wall you've erected
it'll never be enough to entirely protect it
so learn to hang on tightly
and let go lightly
when you've got to give it up
don't make the scene unsightly
do right be bright
when the time comes to leave
do it quite and without a fuss
grant yourself that reprieve
went from noetry to floewtry
constantly anonymous
but I could still get big
like a fucking hippopotamus

No comments:

Post a Comment